Thank you for ordering the IF3 MAX Camera Kit for use with the GoPro MAX 360 camera. We hope you will find using it as easy as our technicians have.
As needed, please follow the following steps to set up your IF3 MAX kit and get it ready for use!
- Remove any bubble wrap securing the case all of your components will be located in.
- After opening the kit take the GoPro MAX housing out of the case. Both GoPro Light Mods will already be installed into the side of the case and the centering whiskers will also already be installed.
- Find the allen key in the component bag inside the mesh portion of the case and take them out.
- The allen key will be .050
- Use the .50 allen key and loosen the set screws holding the face/cover on the IF3 Max housing. Remove it from the housing.
- If you purchased the MAX camera from us it will come with the screen protector pre-installed. If you ordered it separate or already had one it may not already have a screen protector installed. Install a screen protector now following the instructions in that kit.
- If desired install the lens covers over both camera lenses as this point.
- Slide your GoPro MAX 360 into the housing. Make sure that the controls are accessible and the battery compartment can be opened without removing the GoPro360 from the case.
- Install the face/cover and tighten the allen screws to hold the case together. Use firm pressure but DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN. If you do not plan to open it regularly you may want to use lock-tight on the screw threads.
- The three 12” filament lengths should already be installed. You can change these out for longer filaments if desired. These will slide into the existing holes and do not require a set screw to hold them in place.
- There is a set screw at the base of the adapter that enters a channel designed to accept the CAT6 cable where you need to extend the WIFI range of the GoPro MAX. You do not need to install that cable until needed.
- If you ordered the GoPro MAX from us then the two lens covers will already be installed. If you ordered your GoPro MAX separately or have not yet installed the lens covers then install two of the lens covers now and make sure they click into place.
Congratulations! Your InspectionFire IF3 Kit is now set up and ready for use!
Make sure that you charge your two light mods, your GoPro with the battery in it, and the additional battery in the charger. In general one battery should provide roughly 4 hours of filming time however it is always a good idea to have an extra battery ready to go.
Download the Quik app by GoPro from the store, pair it with your camera, and enjoy!
To explore tips, tricks, and best practices on how to use the GoPro MAX for inspections click here.