Delivering Quality Inspections Every Time
Are the InspectionFire forms right for you?
- Do you feel frustrated with the amount of time lost editing and formatting your chimney inspection and service reports?
- Do you sometimes feel defeated, unseen, or misunderstood by customers when you communicate findings in your reports?
- Are you disappointed with the language and formatting in your employees reports?
- Have you lost jobs, and ultimately revenue, because your reports did not accurately showcase your professionalism?
If any of these statements resonate with you then the InspectionFire app may be just what you’ve been looking for.
Where did InspectionFire come from?
In developing our inspection processes at The Chimney Doctor in Grand Junction, CO we needed a way to
- Present a professional report to our clients and showcase why they should accept our estimate over others they may receive,
- Have reports that expand and contract as needed to meet the unique requirements of the specific inspection at hand,
- Mitigate and limit the need for technicians to becomes masters of grammar and spelling,
- Include prewritten descriptive and explanatory notes regarding common deficiencies to save technicians time,
- and, standardize the client experience of reading and receiving reports.
We couldn’t find anything out there that could meet all our needs without also providing many features and processes that we did not want or need. In the end we developed our own forms for internal use and have honed the process of their use over thousands of submissions. We now offer the forms, training, and knowledge that transformed our business to help you in yours.
Who conceived the InspectionFire forms?
Prior to entering the chimney industry in 2013 Daniel Freeman had already spent over 10 years attending business and personal development seminars around the country and read hundreds of books to expand his mind. He completed a Bachelors degree in Marketing Management, and an MBA from Western Governors University.
Entering the chimney and hearth industry in the fall of 2013 Daniel started working with a local chimney sweep learning the trade. In 2016 an opportunity was presented to go out on his own and in June of that year he took advantage of it, founding The Chimney Doctor. He begin servicing large condo complexes in the area. Today his company runs primarily without him as he steers the ship, involves himself in training, and strives to improve processes within the business.
Daniel also has become involved in the industry by joining several Standards Technical Panels (STPs) with Underwriters Laboratory (STP0103 and STP0127) and helped assist in the development of the ANSI Accredited NCSG Certifications. He is not paid for his time spent on these committees but sees it as both necessary and interesting to help maintain the integrity of the industry. As a technical instructor for Copperfield Academy, the largest provider of education in the chimney industry, Daniel strives to improve education and professionalism within the industry and has taught at conventions for both the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) and the National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG).
In 2018 Daniel began working on the forms used in his company today. In 2021, after multiple requests regarding what he was doing, he decided to launch InspectionFire LLC and bring all the thought, development, and design put into his forms to the broader industry at large.
The InspectionFire forms have been designed for a chimney professional by a chimney professional, but with business and marketing in mind.
Certifications currently held by Daniel are outlined below:
Fire Investigation Technician – IAAI-FIT, F.I.R.E. Certified Fireplace & Chimney Inspector FCI-338, NFI Certified Instructor, NFI Certified Master Hearth Professional (Wood, Pellet, Gas) #176537, CSIA Certified Chimney Specialist # 41, Sweep # 9430, C-DET Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician #1137, NCSG Certified Master Chimney Professional #225, Reliner #104, Professional #583, ICC Certified Residential Mechanical Inspector #9688396, ICC Class B General Contractor, ICC Master Mechanical Contractor, HeatShield Factory Trained Installer<
Do you feel frustrated with the amount of time lost editing and formatting reports?
If you are spending hours every week editing, inserting pictures, and writing language for your reports think of what you could accomplish if that time were available to be spent elsewhere? You could spend more time completing jobs and billing for time spent, or working on your business instead of in your business so much.
The value of what you could spend that extra time doing is linked directly to the value of the InspectionFire app as it is designed to give you a better outcome and return more of your time to work on other projects, or other aspects of your business.
Do you sometime feel defeated, unseen, or misunderstood by customers when you communicate findings in your reports?
Have you ever spent hours on a customers report only to have them not understand your findings or your recommendations at all? Or worse yet do they still miss whether or not it is even safe to use and continue using their system as if you hadn’t said anything? Have you felt frustrated as a result?
If so, the InspectionFire app can help reduce customer misunderstandings and standardize descriptive explanations of issues. Pre-written language can help speed up your processes, give back more of your time, and help explain things in simpler ways that have been well thought out and regularly edited.
Are you disappointed with the language and formatting in your or your employees reports?
After reading your own reports or the reports of your employees are you sometimes frustrated or disappointed with the language or formatting used? Do you feel that your reports don’t always convey the knowledge and professionalism that you and your staff hold? Have you ever wished you had more time to change the format and content of your reports but are just too pressed for time, or don’t know where to start?
The InspectionFire app was designed for technicians in the field, and honed by technicians in the field. The app takes much of the responsibility of explaining issues and formatting the reports off the shoulders of the technician so they can do what they do best – and focus on educating the homeowner in person, explaining the issues, and recommending repair or replacement options.
Have you lost jobs, and ultimately revenue, because your reports did not accurately showcase your professionalism?
Have you ever spent hours talking to a customer, or stressing out over your report, only to have them reject your proposal and go with a less expensive estimate that doesn’t even address the issues noted in your reports?
Our forms are designed to create a professional experience and image of you and your staff in the clients mind. For some clients this will be enough and they will proceed with your recommended repairs without question. Other clients will consider estimates and 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th opinions. Our forms are designed so that when properly used they will create in the clients mind an expectation that leads them to compare every other estimate, quote, or contractor they consider working with to you and the report they have already received.
An App Preview
“Your report is the best one I’ve ever seen. It’s right on par with the engineering reports we receive.”
(An Actual Insurance Adjuster)
Level 2 Inspection Report
Level 1 Inspection Report
Repair of Existing System
New Installation (before finishing)
Features and Benefits
Our custom forms allow for a professional presentation of the findings from your inspections with minimal input by your technicians. The final pdf report generated following submission within the app were designed with both the end customer in mind, and your liability down the road. The created reports will impress customers in general while providing you with a record that can protect you from liability.
- Available on the Apple App Stove and the Android Google Play Store, works on smart phones and tablets
- Professional PDF output sent to your specified company email once submitted from your device
- Multi-image upload with unlimited photos permitted
- Company specific disclaimers and prompts
- Pre-written deficiency and descriptive language (for optional use) that is constantly being updated
- Self-expanding and contracting reports to document 1 to unlimited systems in a property
- Include listing and other pertinent information in your report for an unlimited number of fireplaces, stoves, inserts, furnaces, boilers, water heaters, and dryers
- Required prompts depending on options selected to help ensure that certain important liability questions are answered by you or your technicians every time, and to help ensure that the customer is well-informed in the final report
- Create an invoice and record payments to include in your final report pdf
- Text the client/customer to let them know when their final report has been submitted (optional)
- In-app ability to contact us, send a message, include photos, make suggestions, etc…
Continued Development & Input
While the app as it stands can revolutionize your report writing experience we are always seeking feedback and suggestions that would be helpful to you and your technicians in the field. Come be part of the process, get started, and make some suggestions today!
At this point items currently under development and planned for the future include:
- Continued development, updating, and improvement of deficiency and descriptive notes library
- Custom calculators for fireplace/flue ratios, liner sizing, masonry thickness and clearances around corner fireplaces, hearth sizing, chimney height, R-value, K-value to R-value conversions, dryer developed length, and many others…
- Forms that will allow you to request estimates, and potentially even orders from a supply house directly
Next Steps (see below)
– 1) Schedule a Demo/Orientation
– 2) Purchase a Device Login
– 3) Download the App
1) Schedule a Demo/Orientation
2) Purchase Device Logins
3) Download the App
Please download the app from the App Store using the links above.
Once you have subscribed on either a MONTHLY or ANNUAL basis and payment is complete you will receive an InspectionFire Key/Passcode via email that you will then use to request access to the forms within the app. This process is not currently automated as some manual entry is required on our end. You should receive your InspectionFire Key/Passcode within 24 hours of ordering.
To expedite the process please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the InspectionFire Key once you have completed payment and downloaded the app. When the required ORG Key is emailed back to you we will also include a link to schedule an orientation and make sure everything is setup properly.